Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

For Mother's Day, I was treated to breakfast in bed along with some wonderful homemade cards, coupon books, and gifts.  Hayden made me a recipe book with some class recipes along with the recipe for the perfect mom, and a soap dispenser with a picture of herself stuck inside and a note that said, Thanks for always helping me out of sticky situations."  Rian painted me a beautiful glass bowl and a handprint painting with a poem, and Jessie gave me a potted petunia in a cup she had decorated.  I was totally spoiled!

The girls (with dad's help) made me sprouted grain toast with almond butter, bacon, strawberries, and green tea.  My favorite!

After breakfast, we headed out to Lyons to hike Rabbit Mountain.  The weather was overcast but warm, and the girls made it a full mile up the mountain before wanting to turn around.





Someone stole a ride for part of the hike down!


After the hike, we headed to lunch and then back home.  I snuck out to the gym while Mike made dinner for all of us and my parents.  A Happy Mother's Day it was! XOXO